Sunday, December 19, 2010

happy holidays!

Thanks so much for sending us treats, we miss you!
p.s. Can you find our resident turkey amidst the presents?


It's been a while since my last post, it feels like a lot has happened since then. . . I sent a bunch of my applications in so I took some days off to do some leisurely reading. I'm reading Frederick Seidel's book, Going Fast and I'm nearly finished reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell and what next? I'm thinking either John Berryman's biography or Twilight of the Mammoths. I love choosing a new book! I did a bit of Christmas shopping for everyone back home this week too, which was quite fun. I'm finding some cool stuff. And Ray is now off from school!


It snowed again the other night, it was just enough to coat everything in lovely white. Yesterday morning I went out and the snow was unsullied. One of my favorite things is finding animal tracks in freshly fallen snow. I found little paw prints near our front door, likely the cat I've been seeing in our backyard and a winding trail of bird feet prints. I think my other favorite thing is how the snow sits on the wiry branches of trees and on the roof tops, of course. 

2 comments:

iselby said...

Wow, you have a fireplace? So lucky!

LAUREN said...

(It's actually a space heater made to look like a fireplace. . . but we still love it!)