Sunday, January 9, 2011

birthday in Leeds!


This is a statue of Harold Wilson, a past prime minister of the UK,
in front of the Huddersfield train station. He looks quite jolly with that perk in his step.
Ray turned 27 on Thursday so to celebrate we spent the afternoon in Leeds, which is only a short train ride from where we live. We'd been to Leeds a time before, but it was nice to browse the shops on our walk to Oriental City, where we ate dinner. 

good old british telephone box.


Ray, looking very happy with his Chinese meal.
To the right is dim sum, I'd never had it before, but it's tasty,
kind of like a dumpling.

3 comments:

iselby said...

happy birthday, ray! that looks like a great birthday.. and i looove dim sum.

LAUREN said...

It is delicious! And it looks just like what Chihiro eats in Spirited Away, I've always wondered what that was. . .

iselby said...

Hm, I love that movie too. I would like to eat at at dim sum place that looks like the Spirited Away one. I did eat dim sum last weekend, though not in a cool looking place, and it was delicious! Soup dumplings are my new favorite things.