Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving and the French Market We Found.

We had a pretty successful Thanksgiving across the pond. We roasted a whole chicken! (Marking the first time I've ever cleaned and roasted a whole bird before, well, Mom and I did have a practice run over the summer. . . ) Tim also chipped in and made mashed sweet potatoes and creamed peas.

I've been thinking a bit about Christmas gifts now, and I'm wishing I could send food home! There's been a lovely open-air French market in town with stands selling all sorts of delicious food! Ray and I both had a lamb sausage and baguette sandwich, and passing the baker's stand of baguettes and fruits tarts, croissants, I picked a piece of decadently rich chocolate pie. There was a stand selling French cheeses, a stand with a variety of sausages; duck, stag, bull, goat, pepper, paprika, red wine, a stand selling dried fruit, one with the most beautiful garlic bulbs, one selling sweet treats: Turkish Delight, fudge and toffee, and of course one with French cookies where I had a fantastic madeleine and coconut macaroon.

2 comments:

iselby said...

That chicken looks great! Glad to hear that you all had a happy thanksgiving!

LAUREN said...

Thanks!