Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring in New Orleans

This is a plant I bought in Charleston (at the Farmer's Market) during my last summer there. It survived the move to New Orleans last year and has bloomed again! I haven't had much luck with flowering plants, but this one is doing great. Last Spring I managed to save an Easter Lily and a Hydrangea plant and recently found a few buds, it'd be great if they blossom. 

Last weekend was the French Quarter Road Food Festival. I'd never been before, but Megan, Ben and I headed down there to see what good eats we could find. Since being back in New Orleans, besides Mom's exquisite cooking, I have eaten a very tasty fried catfish po'boy from Joey K's, a Tuna Nicoise salad from Cafe Rani, and a fabulous brunch. I had a hankering for some boiled crawfish, but ended up with a less than delicious crawfish panini. (Just one of those times when you order the wrong thing...) The good news is Megan and Ben shared some of their tastier finds + my Uncle Jr. is looking for a good weekend for a crawfish boil, and there are more festivals in the coming weeks that are sure to have tasty foods. 

Ben (my future brother-in-law) and I at the road food festival eating crawfish louise.

No comments: