Wednesday, April 13, 2011

St. Patrick, St. Joseph, Isleño Parade

It's been a while since I've posted. I've kept busy lately working through the grad school decision-making process, helping Dad out at the gallery, spending time with Erin during her birthday celebration week, and, of course, all of the festivals and parades that are going on this time of year in New Orleans. 


Mom and Aunt Janet at the parade!
The St. Patrick, St. Joseph, Isleño parade was my first parade in St. Bernard and let me tell you, they know how to do it. Plenty of good food and family. There was a huge smoker for cooking chicken and sausage, red fish caught outside my Uncle-Jr.'s house, oysters... YUM. They weren't just throwing beads at this parade either. They were throwing cabbages, onions, carrots, parsnips, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, lucky beans, Ramen noodles, even handing down bags of ice to parade-goers... not sure what that was about.
Erin and Trey dressed festively for St. Patrick. 

No comments: