Saturday, October 30, 2010

happy fall!


I took this picture to show how much the leaves are changing here; it's the same shot that I previously posted- the view from my window. 

We've been enjoying the fall here, the weather's been quite nice this week; it's been hard to stay inside and work on applications. I've been eating pumpkin butter on toast and plan to bake a pumpkin spice bread; there's so much good fall food!
Tomorrow's Halloween! We aren't exactly prepared, but if we were to dress up, I'd like to wear Erin's hotdog costume, and Ray could be a hotdog vendor, maybe even Ignatius J. Reilly. Or else, I'd like to dress up as a Turkey. (I'm not sure what that would make Ray. . .) And maybe I can do that for Thanksgiving. 


3 comments:

iselby said...

I would like to see this turkey costume.. my mom always called me her "turkey baby" since I was born on Thanksgiving so she would probably like this costume idea as well.

Also, I thought that was the same picture! I had to scroll down. Wow! I like this one better :) Lovely changing leaves...

erin said...

Trey wore my hot dog costume this year- to the Saints game! I had to work.

LAUREN said...

Erin, yay! You were able to post! I think it's great you both use the costume. I'd love to see a picture of Trey wearing it, and a good game we won too!

And Isabelle, I've considered making a drawing of this costume, as it's two years now I've been thinking of it. So maybe I'll do that and post it. I'm thinking of a big papier mâché body with lots of color and feathers, and maybe some brown tights and something for the feet, certainly a beak of some sort. . .