Sunday, October 24, 2010

saturday.

While Ray was in Leeds for a music conference, I went out walking in downtown Huddersfield. They were hanging the Christmas lights and decorations (I think there will also be an ice skating rink on the way!) and everyone was looking very bundled on a cold and misty Saturday. 


I passed an owl rescuer who had about seven owls in cages in the Plaza. He said they are only kept in cages when brought to town, usually they are allowed to roam. I think he was selling them, or else just accepting donations to go towards his care of the debilitated owls. And I actually hadn't thought about it at the time, but now, of course, I'm thinking of Hedwig. 

(Ray and I + one pet owl?)



Along the way I stopped at CaffĂ© Nero for a hot chocolate.



Vegetables and herbs to roast with chicken for dinner. Yum!






4 comments:

nina said...

that hot chocolate looks so good! i want one...

LAUREN said...

i want another. . .

iselby said...

I want a hot chocolate too... I would also like a pet owl! Do it!

LAUREN said...

I'm tempted. . . I'll try to get some pictures next time I see him!